Frequently Asked Questions
Our office hours (for phone calls and customer service) are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Our field crew hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 7:00pm.
We provide a comprehensive array of lawn care services, which our customers can enjoy as-needed or on a regular schedule throughout the year.
- Lawn Mowing Services
- Landscape Cleanup
- Bush Trimming
- Flowerbed Weeding
- Leaf Cleanup
- Crape Myrtle Pruning
- Ground Cover Pruning
- Ornamental Grass Trimming
- Roof Gutter Cleaning
- Flower Planting
- Flowerbed Mulch
- Lawn Aeration
- Sod Installation
- Landscape Design
- Holiday Installations
Click on any of the links above to learn more about that service or call us at (972) 424-8873.
After many years of experimenting, we have found that mowing year-round is best for the health and appearance of your lawn. However, we do adjust our mowing frequencies throughout the year, to account for the slower growth during the winter.
See more details about our lawn mowing options and schedules HERE.
The crews have all the professional grade equipment, bags and supplies needed to provide the service you requested. You do not need to provide the crew with anything. Just sit back and relax!
Yes! As long as your dog is friendly, you can leave them in the backyard. However, we cannot guarantee they will not escape. It’s best to have them inside or in a kennel on your service day to ensure they are safe. The crews will mow around/over any remaining pet waste on your property. It is recommended that excessive pet waste is picked up, prior to your service day.
We recommend you provide us with the key location or lock combo to ensure this is never an issue. The Gold Master Lock is a great option, which is available at most local retailers. In the event we are asked to return to your property, a Revisit Fee of $15/visit, will be assessed (additional to your normal mowing service rate), if the crew is requested to return due to locked or blocked gates, damaged gates prohibiting the crew to enter or the client sending the crew away for any reason beyond our control.
It is recommended to leave the clippings on the lawn. Clippings provide vital nutrients to the lawn as they breakdown. We only recommend bagging if the lawn has been neglected and we are providing your first service. We do not offer bagging for weekly or bi-weekly service. However, we use commercial grade mulching mowers.
In order to keep cost down while providing the best quality service, we service certain zip codes on specified days. While you cannot request your day of service for mowing, we do follow a strict schedule which will ensure we provide your service on the same day each week, weather permitting.
Not to worry! We will be there as soon as weather permits. Keep in mind that rain, experienced early in the week could delay all service for the entire week. If needed, we will work through the weekend to ensure everyone receives service.
In order for us to complete everyone’s service and stay on schedule, occasionally we will need to mow during conditions that are not ideal. If you would ever like to skip a service, simply let us know 24 hours before your service day, during business hours. We will try and work you back into the schedule later in the week if possible.
During heavy rains, crews will not provide service. We will resume service once the weather allows. If needed, we will use the weekend to catch up,so all scheduled work is completed every week.
We operate on time 99% of the time. However, there are a few things that will delay your service (Inclement weather, truck or equipment trouble, illness or an accident).
In the event we cannot provide your service on your normal service day, we will notify you by email. Keep in mind, mowing services are provided from 7AM – 7PM.
Yes! Throughout the year we will email coupons for services that are relevant for that time of the season.
Please make sure we are added to your approved/accepted email list to avoid our correspondence going to your junk/spam folder.
At this time, we do not offer lawn fertilization or weed control.
The mowing crew does not collect leaves during a mowing service. Mowing service(s) includes mowing, edging, line trimming and power blowing off the debris, generated during the mowing service. If you are in need of a Leaf Cleanup, please click HERE or call us to arrange a leaf cleanup with one of our Landscape Cleanup crews.
We use brown paper recycling bags to collect any debris from your home and set them by your trash cans for the city to remove at no additional cost, on your normal trash collection day.
We prefer and recommend that you communicate all instructions through the office. This will ensure we are aware of how you want the service to be done, giving us the ability to resolve any issues that may occur with the crew not understanding your request.
Yes! Lawn aeration provides your soil with access to more nutrients, water and air than would otherwise be possible. This creates a lush lawn that is healthy, vibrant, and easier to maintain.
It is recommended to aerate your lawn three times a year. Please click HERE to learn more about the process and benefits of lawn aeration.
Yes! We plant flowers suitable for every growing season, Spring through Fall. Call us any time of the year, for a burst of yard color.
Yes! We use fine shredded hardwood mulch, for a refined look that also protects your flowerbed from erosion and moderates soil temperature.
There are several different varieties available for our area. The main factor in determining the type of grass, is the amount of sun light in that specific area of your lawn. Please contact us so we can meet with you in person, to discuss the best solution for y
- A SOD cutter (link to pic of SOD cutter (attached)) will be used to remove the existing grass and weeds and help level out minor high and low spots
- We will then add a thin layer of nutrient rich topsoil
- Raise or lower sprinkler heads affected by your new SOD.
- Roll your new SOD to remove any air pockets between your new SOD and the soil
- Use a metal blade edger along all concrete edges to create a neat appearance
- All SOD is special ordered and delivered straight to your home within hours of it being harvested.
- Yes! Please allow at least 2 weeks for your new SOD to get established. You have up to 30 days to let us know if there are any areas that need to be replaced and we will warranty up to 10 pieces per 450sf pallet.
- It is important to water your new SOD thoroughly. It is recommended that you water 2 times a day for 15 minutes for the first 2 weeks. Keep in mind there are many variables (temperature, wind, slope, etc) this is a starting point and you will need to check your new SOD daily for over/under watering.
- We recommend using only a starter fertilizer for the first year to ensure the root system gets established. If needed, you can use a post-emergent herbicide to spot spray weeds that might appear.
- It is safe to mow your new SOD after 2 weeks. However, mow at a high setting to reduce the stress of cutting your new lawn.
- Light pet traffic is fine right away. The real issue is with pet urine damaging the root system of your new SOD. The longer you can keep pets off your new SOD the better. It’s always best to dilute pet urine with water to reduce the effects on your SOD.
- It would be best to keep foot traffic to a minimum for at least 1 month to allow your new SOD time to get established.
- It is normal for new SOD to yellow because of planting stress. Please allow at least 2 weeks for your new SOD to get established.
- We will butt up each SOD square next to each other during installation. However, occasionally, when SOD is harvested the machine will cut some pieces at an angle and this will give an appearance that there are cracks between each piece. If this happens, over time the SOD will fill in these areas. In additional, if your new SOD dries out, pieces can shrink and create cracks/gaps between each piece. Please be sure to water your new SOD adequately.
- We will lay your new SOD in a checkboard stay pattern alternating the seams of each piece.
- Rotor tillers are great for cultivating flowerbeds but terrible for new SOD. Tillers will dig in the soil at different heights and over time cause to soil to settle creating ripples in your new SOD.
- If the grass has been allowed to grow tall, it would be best to bag the first mowing after your new SOD has been installed.